a. Important Legislation: PASSED SIGNED INTO LAW, Toxic Exposure Research Act 2015 “This legislation, a necessary first step, has been a top priority for VVA,” noted Rowan. “It will lay the groundwork for the research we need on the health of our children and grandchildren, whom we believe have been impacted by exposures during our military service–and in keeping with our founding principle, ‘Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another,’ this legislation will ensure that our newer veterans will not have to wait 50 years for answers.”
3. Facebook Groups
a. Agent Orange Living with Agent Orange: A support group for families of veterans exposed to Agent Orange and the veteran.
b. Agent Orange Legacy – Chiari: Chiari Malformation affects a large number of adult children of veterans exposed to Agent Orange. It is our intent to gather details from as many adult children as we can. We will then petition the VA to recognize Chiari as a qualifying birth defect associated with Veterans’ qualifying service in Vietnam or Korea.
c. Toxic Military Exposures Our Health: The purpose of this group is to begin to gather information from the wives, widows, partners and mothers of the children of veterans lost to Agent Orange and other toxic military exposures.
4. Veteran Descendants Health Regisitries: The only National birth defect registry in the United States. This registry is sponsored by Birth Defect Research for Children. It has two special sections that collect data on military exposures in Vietnam and during the Gulf War. National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) offers two rare disease patient registries
6. Birth Defect Research for Children: National Birth Defect Registry
7. Veterans’ Claims and Appeals
b. Agent Orange Legacy – Chiari Two (2) biological children of veterans exposed to Agent Orange have been approved for Entitlement to a monetary allowance under 38 U.S.C.A. § 1805, because it was found that, in both appeals, Chiari is a form and manifestation of spina bifida.
8. Veteran’s Records
9. Agent Orange Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial – AOVVM
a. AOVVM on facebook an online memorial honoring the lives of our veteran’s and their children lost to Agent Orange.
b. To add your veteran or the veteran’s child lost to Agent Orange, just click on the link below for the veteran or the veteran’s child:
(2) Add the veteran’s child here10. Faces of Agent Orange: An Agent Orange education campaign; a project of Vietnam Veterans of America
10. Medical Research
a. Study Links Autism to Epigenetic Changes in Dad’s Sperm: Findings suggest that fathers’ exposure to environmental hazards may alter gene activity in ways that predispose children to autism.