Legacy of Our Veterans’ Military Exposures
1. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY AND YOUR CONSENT
- 1.3 Your use of our services constitutes your consent to the processing of your information described herein.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The type of information we collect will depend on the circumstances and the service you are using. For example, to sign up for a newsletter we may only need your name and email address but if you use our form to ‘tell your story’ or our ‘online memorial’ the information you will submit will include personal information about yourself, your family members and the veteran in your life. Generally speaking, we will collect information relating to you and/or your use of our services in the following ways:
2.1 Personal information provided by you:
- 2.1.1 This is usually information that identifies you as an individual or that enables us to contact you and can include your name, home and/or delivery address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, demographical information, interests, preferences, payment information and photos or video footage. It can also include information that we have not requested but which you have volunteered, such as information provided during interactions with us or our representatives or via comments or other submissions you have made to our online services, such as online forums.
2.2 Information collected automatically during your use of our services:
- 2.2.1 When you use our services we automatically record information about your usage of those services, your interaction with our advertising and our emails as well as information about the device you are using and your internet connection. We do this in two ways:
- 2.2.2 Log data: When you use our services, certain information gets recorded in our log files such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address, its unique ID, its operating system and location, and your browser type, the pages you viewed, cookie information and referral links (the link that sent you to a particular page).
- 2.2.3 Tracking technologies (cookies): In conjunction with our log data we may use tracking technologies such as tags on our web pages and small data files which we store on your device (known as “cookies”). These technologies enable us to recognize your device and to track your interaction with our services, emails and advertising. We do not use these technologies to identify you and we do not intentionally collect or record personally identifiable information through these technologies. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
2.3 Information collected via social media and other third parties:
2.4 Information collected via specialist data companies:
- 2.4.1 We sometimes use specialist data companies to provide us with information they hold about you to enable us to better tailor our advertising. For example, we might use anonymous information about your browsing on other sites to enable us to infer your interests and to put you into appropriate “market segments”. This information is not used to identify you as a person and we do not attempt to combine it with personally identifying information that we may hold. See our Cookies Policy for more information.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information: (i) to deliver, improve and personalize our services to you in accordance with your preferences: and (ii) for our own legitimate business purposes and needs. Specifically, we may use your information to:
- fulfill your product orders or to provide the service or information you have requested;
- administer your account(s);
- send you service related communications;
- respond to your requests and feedback;
- contact you about a submission you have made to our LOVME online services (refer to our Code of Conduct);
- analyze and/or improve our services;
- personalize the way LOVME content is presented to you online;
- deliver interest-based advertising based upon your browsing of our website(s) and others (find out more about our advertising and how to opt-out here);
- prevent fraud or other potentially illegal activities (including copyright infringement);
- block disruptive users and protect the safety of users of our services;
- enforce our terms of service;
- send you newsletters, offers and promotions relating to our brands and services; and
- manage our email suppression list.
- Where LOVME proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Information shared with our suppliers
- 4.1.1 We use a number of third parties to perform business functions on our behalf, such as sending our newsletters, hosting our online services, providing our customer services and fulfilling product orders and processing payments. We only disclose the information necessary to enable these third parties to perform their services. Our suppliers are contracted to comply with our instructions and we require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
4.2 Information shared via third party social buttons, widgets and other embedded content
4.3 Information shared with other parties
- 4.3.1 Generally, we will only disclose your data to other parties with your consent, for example if you choose to share content via social media functionality. We may also disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, internet service providers and content protection organizations as required or allowed by law. For example, if you post inappropriate or objectionable content on our services or where we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law, we may report your content and behavior to relevant parties.
4.4 Sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets
- 4.4.1 We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event we sell or transfer all or a part of our business or assets so that the buyer can continue to offer you LOVME online services. We will make reasonable efforts to provide you with advance notification of the transfer of your information in such circumstances.
5. WHERE WE WILL STORE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Protecting your information
- 5.1.1 As described in the previous section, we may share your information within our organization or with contracted third party service providers. These companies may be located in, or use IT equipment located in, countries different to that in which your information is collected. Where this is the case, we will take steps to ensure that your information receives an equivalent level of protection.
5.2 Accessing your information
- 5.2.1 LOVME is an L3C which is located in the state of Maine in the United States. Your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the US.
6. HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 Keeping your information
- 6.1.1 We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us, in accordance with our retention policy. Where you contribute to one of our online services, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
7. CHILDREN USING OUR SERVICES
7.1 Children under age of 13
- 7.1.1 Except where otherwise indicated, we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are aged 12 or under, we request that you do not provide us with information relating to you or to others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before using our services.
7.2 Parental Consent
- 7.2.1 If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is aged under 13 and you become aware that your child has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at LOVME.ORG@gmail.com. We will delete such information from our records within a reasonable time.
7.3 Older children
- 7.3.1 Depending on the service, we may also seek to obtain the consent of your parent or guardian if you are under the age of 16. Further, we only send commercial marketing communications to individuals aged 16 or over.
- 7.3.2 If appropriate, we will take steps to determine the age of persons submitting their information to us.
8. HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
8.1 Transmitting information over the internet
- 8.1.1 We maintain appropriate organizational and technological safeguards to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information we hold about you. We also seek to ensure our service providers do the same. Unfortunately, no system can be guaranteed as completely secure and there is an inherent risk in transmitting information over the internet. It may be possible for an unrelated party to intercept or access such transmissions unlawfully.
8.2 Your personal information
- 8.2.1 If you believe that your personal information under our control has been compromised, including access to any accounts you hold with our services, please contact us immediately using the details below.
9. YOUR RIGHTS & CHOICES
9.1 Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
- 9.1.1 If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications from us then please click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the relevant newsletter. In accordance with industry standards, we reserve the right to retain your record for a reasonable amount of time so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future.
9.2 Advertising and Tracking Technologies
- 9.2.1 If you wish to opt-out of interest-based advertising or other forms of “tracking” please refer to our Cookies Policy. Be aware that opting out of interest-based advertising will not prevent advertisements from being displayed to you but they will no longer be tailored to your interests.
9.3 Access and Correction
- 9.3.1 If you would like to know what information we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by using the contact details below. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files within a reasonable time or as required by law.
- 9.3.2 Some requests may be subject to a small fee and, to protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to your personal information.
9.4 Deleting your information
- 9.4.1 If you would like us to delete your information from our records then please contact us using the details below and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for legitimate business purposes.
9.5 Additional information for California Residents
- 9.5.1 Please click here to read our notice regarding your privacy rights and for information regarding Do Not Track (“DNT”) browser requests.
10.1 Updating our policy
11. CONTACT US
11.1 LOVME mailing address
- 11.1.1 If you have any questions or comments about this policy or our approach to privacy please contact us at:
223 Milbridge Road
Cherryfield, Maine 04622